Top 10 SharpHeels Articles
A Letter from the Editor-in-Chief
SharpHeels is a fashion and lifestyle publication for professional women. Our mission is to deliver stories, interviews, videos, and style guides that empower professional women… And this past quarter, we have done just that! We’ve pulled together our top visited posts from our contributors, a collection of amazing women, sharing their insights and recommendations based on their own experiences… Enjoy!
Top 10 SharpHeels Articles
1. The Business of Fashion – NYC Designers New York City is the business and fashion capital of the United States. With the highest concentration of design talent in the world, New York City is at the forefront of fashion innovation. It is the ideal place to provide inspiration for the new wave of professional women who want to add some modern taste to their work attire. Some of the biggest designers call NYC their home, such as Theory, Diane von Furstenberg, Nanette Lepore, etc.
2. Blue Means Confidence – Blue Dynamism [Lookbook] The bright blue hue evokes power and confidence, and can elevate your work wardrobe to a stately level. Show your confidence at work with these brilliant blue dresses that will look great in the office, at a conference, or after work at your well-deserved happy hour. (Dazzling in Blue & Brilliant in Blue)
3. Revamp the Classic Black Dress You can never go wrong with a classic black dress, especially the Jackie O dress by Black Halo, a dress so popular it is now offered in a multitude of colors. It’s great for everyday wear and whatever you may need it for. The classic Jackie O is not just offered in new colors, but in new patterns and even cuts. Revamp yourself with floral or even a Jackie O jumpsuit.
4. Outfits for Under $100 [Lookbook] If you are strapped for cash, have no worries. You can easily look like you live the champagne lifestyle on a beer budget. All it takes is a little bit of patience in order to dig to find those perfect pieces and deals.
5. Jorja’s Lionhearted Activism CSI’s Sara Sidle, also known as Jorja Fox, is known for her life-saving roles on-screen, but she lives that role in her everyday life by saving animals. With Seafox Productions, the long-time animal rights activist and burgeoning producer is able to mix her two passions together. We interview Jorja to tell us about her latest endeavors and Lion Ark, which was nominated for Outstanding International Motion Picture at the 45th NAACP Image Awards.
6. Comfortable Travel Clothes Choosing the right clothes to pack for long travel can be a bit tricky. There are many factors that can affect your comfort like duration, temperatures, etc. In order to stay comfortable for the long haul – choose the right fabrics, think of the kind of shoes you want to wear (socks or no socks), layer your clothes, and bring a scarf.
7. Where the Trends Start – LA Designers Los Angeles is becoming a driving force for innovation in fashion. Los Angeles is already a huge hub when it comes to the arts; you have artists, writers, filmmakers, actors, dancers, and musicians. Because LA is known for its laid-back style, it is home to American Apparel and some of the best premium denim brands. Los Angeles is becoming the emerging market for driving trends since celebrities drive trends the most. What makes LA designers unique is their freedom to design. Fashion has no confinement, but it is art.
8. Dressing Like the Stars – 3rd in the Series Madison Bolls works in the library science field. As a librarian, it often comes with the stereotype that you can’t dress to modern taste or you look drab, but Madison Bolls likes to go against the stereotype and dress in fashion. Bolls would like to credit that a lot of her taste comes from several celebrities like Kate Moss, Carrie Mulligan, and Angelina Jolie. However, it’s J.Crew’s creative director, Jenna Lyons, whose fashion really takes the spotlight for Bolls.
9. Refresh Your 80s Style [Lookbook] If you’re vintage and dress like you’re in the 80s, leave it in the past and instead embrace some new style that 80s inspired. As a tip, anything older than 10 years, unless it’s a gorgeous, timeless piece, it is outdated and should be donated. Take the inspiration from the 80s and bring that essence to your current fashion.
10. In The Navy Commander Shelby Hladon is a 20-year Navy veteran and a member of the US Navy JAG Corps. She’s a powerhouse attorney and a dedicated servicewoman whose professionalism and commitment to her service have brought her a distinguished career and kept her far from being any typical gender media statistic. Being in the Navy, which is male-dominated, has never brought Hladon worry. She never tried to ever focus on gender differences nor any of the criticisms that came along with it, but instead saw it as an advantage.
I hope you enjoyed our collection of top stories from this January and February. I’m looking forward to seeing more amazing stories as we move into spring. Please feel free to send any questions, comments, or feedback.
Contributed by: Ashley Poulin Editor-in-Chief SharpHeels.com